Since Old School Runescape is a fairly old game, it is likely that players encounter errors in the game. Actually, even problems occur before entering the game. Jagex might help solve these problems but not all OSRS Accounts will be accommodated with the littlest support team Jagex has. With this, I would like to help out and share some of the OSRS players’ problems and hoping for the best that people know the solution for those issues.
OSRS Accounts: Problem
Here is a post by Bojangles412 in the OSRS Subreddit about his problem:
I am returning to OSRS after about a 6 month hiatus. When i try to start the launcher, I have run into the problem that states: “There was an error loading the game configuration from the website. If you have a firewall, check that this program is allowed to access the Internet.”
- I have tried using the command application on Windows to reset the settings and reboot, still doesn’t work.
- I have made sure that the Java and Jagex launcher are ticked off as ‘enabled’ on the windows firewall inbound settings.
- I have deleted all Jagex cache and programs, and redownloaded a new copy of the launcher.
- I have used multiple different routers and it still does not work, so I know it is not the router.
- I have even disabled my firewall entirely, leaving my computer vulnerable, and tried to start the launcher. Still no luck.
Does anyone have any idea what my problem may be? I played this game with no problem six months ago, maybe there is a hidden setting that I am forgetting or do not know about?
It is good to know that he is planning to go back to playing Old School Runescape but barred with this predicament. Any of you guys who know the solution? Let’s help this Old School Runescape Account owner and leave the solutions in the comments section below.